Monday, May 3, 2010

I am constantly becoming aware of the lack of enthusiasm on the part of most Christians. So today I wanted to share something I read in my quiet time with a thought and a challenge. So, if your not up for that then stop reading.

Romans 5:1-2

Therefore since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this Grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

I know this is a verse that we have all heard a million times, but read it again and think about it.

“Into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.”

We have all of this in our lives because of God and I’m not sure why we so often do not show it. I speak for myself here, but also know that most of us Christians need to do better at living a life that displays the joy we have in Christ. So, my challenge is that as we go into a new month, that we would try to live more joyfully in the knowledge that we “stand in His grace,” and have the “hope of the glory of God.”

I hope that this is encouraging! It has been to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment