Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Last Thursday Kala and I departed Napoli for Rome where we would continue on to Vienna the next morning.

It was crazy! I woke up in Napoli and three hours later I was standing in front of the colousium in Rome.
That was a cool experience that I had wanted to do for a long time. Seeing the Trevi fountain and eating at Hard Rock café where highlights as wellJ Not to mention getting to see Reid, Kyra and Nolyn again.

The next morning we where up early and after almost missing our train….we flew about 1.5 hours and presto! we where in Austria! Talk about culture shock! It is so European there. Clean, the people are considerate and speak English! It is so different from Italy.

We had a great week in Vienna, just enjoying the beautiful city. Highlights where: Schonbrunn palace, the Tiergarten zoo there (the oldest in the world), the Ringstrass district, carriage ride through the city, Starbucks, Sacher Torte and riding the oldest farris wheel in the world! Note that Kala gets a gold star for braving that one! So now I am pretty sure I want to move there. I definatly was not ready to leave, but alas there are things to be done back here in Naples.

We arrived here this morning and I was feeling culture shock (and quite honestly, depression) again as the train rolled into the city. I was looking out the window thinking about how different it is and I was thinking to myself, just what is it that is so different about this place other than just the surface? I started to pray about it and felt again just how dark this place is, how much it needs the hope and the light that we have in Jesus. That is why I am in Naples right now and it is my hope that my time here will help in some small way, to shine that light into the darkness.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about the feeling of darkness in Napoli. I felt the same way when I got there in the evening. But in the morning when the sun came and started shining on the streets it started to look better. Don't lose heart. You are needed there and really will be used to shine the light of Jesus to all those there.

    ReplyDelete